Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What are the options for taking courses?
– Enroll in the Onsite or Online Master of Arts in Translation and Localization Management (TLM), an advanced degree designed for working professionals. Courses can be completed remotely on your own time.
– Build your expertise and accelerate your career with non-degree Learning Paths. These specialized localization courses are taught by MIIS’ TLM faculty and can be taken remotely.
2. I’m interested but what about the time zone difference?
Live synchronous classes, classified as Hybrid in the schedule, are offered in multiple time slots to accommodate students in most time zones, and can be joined over Zoom. Many classes are also available to complete asynchronously, on your own time in weekly installments. Those are classified as Online classes in the schedule.
3. How can I minimize the cost?
The MIIS scholarship offers a 25% discount, which might be supplemented by the educational funding provided by your employer. Please check with your manager or your HR team regarding your company’s financial assistance program for continuing education.
4. How can I apply?
– Determine your program: MA TLM, OTLM or Non-degree Learning Paths.
– Submit your application by the next deadline.
– Indicate your affiliation with Women in Localization when prompted on the online application.
– On your resume or CV, indicate your affiliation and role with Women in Localization. If you are a member, specify your chapter or Global Community affiliation. If you are a current or past volunteer, please indicate your chapter or program affiliation and the year/s in which you have volunteered at WL.
– As a WL member, you can waive your application fee of $65 by entering the code WLOC in the Fee Waiver Request Reason field.
5. What are the application requirements?
We do not require the GRE for admission, but may require proof of English Language proficiency for non-native English speakers (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, or an alternative proof of proficiency). On your application, please indicate that you are a Women in Localization Member or Volunteer in the partner section, and make sure that your membership or volunteering is noted on your resumé.
5. When to apply?
The internal enrollment deadline is July 1, 2022.
6. Where can I get help or find more information?
If you require more information about the classes, which classes to take to accomplish your career goals, or the enrollment process, please contact the MIIS Recruitment team at [email protected]. They are standing by to walk you through the whole process.
You can also register to join our informational webinars on June 16, 2022 through one of the registration links below.
Americas and EMEA: 10AM Pacific Time https://middlebury.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Wb6mUTMxQouWaIrvnAoSSg
APAC: 6PM Pacific Time https://middlebury.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_0N0qKao_TL-ivg9rZRdqJA